Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Thank goodness for poetry

It looks grey outside. Almost blue, but the chilly kind of blue. The kind of blue that only dampens your mood. The rain is pouring in buckets and blanketing everyone with the loud continuous roar of it's wrath. It's cold. It's gloomy. I don't know if the weather was taunting me by mimicking my mood or just empathizing with me.

The terrible thing of having a blog about expressing myself, is knowing that when it comes down to it., I actually can't. Not fully anyway. Not the way I want to. This isn't a vent area as much as I want it to be, or anyone else for that matter. Lucky you guys who can actually keep a diary.

Anyhow, instead of blabbing on and on about nothing, I thought I'd write a poem. I know I already have a page for it but I think I'll throw one on here. 

The cold draft seeps in through the gaps in the windows
like the slice of sadness that slipped into her heart
It spread, flooded, numbed and yet pained, 
lethal like a poisonous dart.


I definitely feel a little better. Well in a way, I had it my way and used this post to vent. On the other hand, I actually couldn't vent and now I think no one's listening.

Sorry for this post guys. I just needed to throw something out there.

xoxoxoxo


 

0 comments:

Post a Comment