Monday, February 6, 2012

Sun Shining Again

It's been raining so much the past few weeks, the idea of heat and sunshine almost started becoming a foreign concept. ALMOST. Thankfully the sun came back out today and again we're reminded about how close to the equator we're living. I'm definitely enjoying the sun's warmth again, even if we're perspiring at a 100ltrs/hr. Who cares? Away with the socks, the jackets and the umbrellas, we're back to wearing the good ole naked wrap rounds we Fijians know as "sulus" and the nice ole pair of flip flops. Okay, so I'm lying really. Sulus and flip flops are worn by us all four seasons (though here we only have 2 seasons; cold and summer) but I had to store them away. After a little incident the other day, I managed to ski across the mud as if it were ice and performed some sort of gymnastic move with my audience of mechanics that happened to be there. Really guys, don't wear flip flops in rainy muddy weather if you still want to look human when you get home. That day I arrived home as the mud yeti...abominable mud girl anyone? Anyway, we're back to the humid hot days of Fiji and I'm relishing the feel of that feeling again. Cheers heaven! It was about time too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment