Saturday, February 18, 2012

The Week in one Post

Another week in Suva blessed with a cloudless sky and sunshine! Hello Yellow Orb! I've never loved you more.

 It's been a week since the Las Vegas Sevens, Valentine's Day and the death of Whitney Houston. An interesting week for everyone, I think, as well as with the Grammy following right after.






Now with the Rugby Weekend over, everyone's settled down to a less rowdy state to welcome St.Valentine's day. If anyone's wondering what happened with the Las Vegas rugby tournament, keep wondering....

Aha! I joke.

Fiji barreled out of the tournament in the Quarter Finals after Samoa's coconut tree proved more steadier than ours.
A shame really, but I thought Samoa definitely deserved that win. Fiji has been so inconsistent with their game and New Zealand is definitely the team to beat. Why??

Gordon Tietjens Source: nz.sports.yahoo.com  
Could it be because of
<<<<<<this guy?
Fiji fans would know how much of a euphoria it is when the camera decides to film THIS man when NZ is losing. The man always has a frown on his face, and you can definitely look forward to the famous pinching of the bridge of his nose when thing's don't go his way.

















<<<< Because of this??

 Hide yo wives, lock up yo daughters!! They're doing the haka out there!






Source: schoolchallenge.org


This???


Aaah, the patriotism. You gotta love it.








OR.......

 
Notice something interesting about him?
No?
Come on...try harder.
RIGHT!!
HE'S FIJIAN!!!!!
A Fijian player in the All Blacks team. I think this is a more subtle form of black-birding. Black Kiwi-ing AHA! Come on...that was FUNNY!



Anyway, after Fiji fell out of the game, flopping off the field like a couple of fish on dry land, Samoa moved on to the final to face off with New Zealand. So, it was the coconut tree versus the kiwi. That game turned out something like this...







A hearty Congratulations to Samoa! 
 


On to other news!!


Valentine's day hit next, I think you all know what I think about that. (Click here if you don't)

I'm not too interested in the Grammy, so I'm not going to bother blogging about it. I mean, after losing the beautiful Whitney Houston, Etta James and Michael Jackson, you realize, what's left of the music industry, is a circus act.


        
source: Fashionstlyeme.com




 
On the other hand, we still have HOPE. Her name is, Adele and she's is probably one of the few means of redemption left for the world of music.












With that said, I think I've covered much of last week, I will bid thee all "adieu".

1 comment:

  1. Hmmmm. I think you need to get outdoors for a bit of recreational activity. Canoeing perhaps? I know of an excellent partner :-)

    ReplyDelete