Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Back in the Game

So I woke up this morning, hopping out of bed like a Kangaroo because I had forgotten to do dad's typing the night before. I'll just throw in a sheepish grin there.
I spent the morning doing some typing, before remembering that today was the day I was going to receive the verdict from the assessors on whether or not I was going to be accepted back into my course.
Despite my positive attitude one blog ago, the thought only served as a mood damper.
I think all Fijians would know that feeling where during a rugby game ( yes, I'm resorting to rugby examples. Bite me) the team is winning and then suddenly, 10 seconds before the game is about to finish the opposing team manages to draw the points resulting in extra time.
Everyone's at the edge of their sits, are we going to win? Are we going to lose? What's the referee's name?

There's always that stray pessimism that sinks in and makes you think, "This is it. It's the end. We're going to lose."

That's the path my mentality chose to take and so I got my shovel out and begun to dig a hole. My calligraphy skills were non-existent, so my tomb stone read something like-
Then, I realized my flower looked like a handicapped butterfly, so I needed to start again. Except, I didn't have enough time, because I had classes to get to.
I arrived in school, weaving my way through the labyrinth of construction (Slight exaggeration) and marched towards the lion's office.

I got there, took a breather and then strolled in..like boss!

Not really.

He's such a morning, day, afternoon person...I don't think he's ever without he's perkiness.

After confirming twice that the writing I submitted to him was not edited, he agreed to accept me on the basis of my ability and my word that I was going to do my best.

The titanic relief engulfed me, I had to just get out of the office, sprint across the campus and sing "Joy to the world."

Except, I didn't do that because of two reasons; hearing aids would go scarce and probably face a price increase in Suva and I had to wait ten more months before singing that song or else my mental state would receive severe scrutiny from the public.

Instead, I looked a little bit more light on my feet as I headed out to my next destination. The day looked brighter, the air smelled cleaner and oh was that a bunny!!?

Oops, sorry no. Just a mongoose.

I paraded across the campus, went to the Radio Pasifik office and submitted my application to be a volunteer. We'll see how that goes.
Now I'm sitting below a merciless air conditioner in the great white north of the campus, called the ITS lab keeping the blood circulation in my hands going by typing up this blog.

I couldn't wait, I had to have this up. I'm back in the game and I can't wait to continue the semester after the tragic tumble I received in my first week.

It's funny how much your faith gets tested, and seeing as I got out of a situation I thought was hopeless; I guess I realized, I hadn't gotten out empty handed.

I learnt something. There's always hope as long as you have faith and as long as you persevere. In this case, I just won the first battle,  and that was, just getting in. The academic year is just starting and I hope nothing too terrible pops up in the near future.

Now to bear the next 2 hours of class, being taught how to turn a computer on while trying to survive the sudden bout of winter the air conditioner blessed me with  -_- How exciting!

One more lesson. Wear mittens when going to the ITS lab.

See you soon =)

2 comments:

  1. Back in the game indeed. The world awaits the magic that will spill forth from the tips of your fingertips as this journey continues. :)

    ReplyDelete